The Destination Guide has nominated Hotel Alex Johnson for The Best Historic Hotel in Rapid City and the Black Hills. The establishment includes many features such as: Paddy O’Neill’s Pub, Seattle’s Best Café, AJ’s Wicked Salon, Alex Johnson Mercantile, and Vertex Sky Bar. With plenty of accommodations, there is something to suite the desires of anyone planning to visit.
Comfort, dining, nightlife, and luxury complete the aesthetics and ambiance of Alex Johnson. The stellar reputation and intriguing history creates a loyal following from residents and visitors alike. Banquet and meeting facilities are utilized by businesses and social gatherings to accommodate functions. Whether it is a night on the town or a night tucked in the hotel, Hotel Alex Johnson will satisfy the needs and wants of their guests.
The Best of The Black Hills gives fans an opportunity to vote for their favorite destination by simply watching a video. The video with the most “views” at the end of thirty days wins a commercial package. The thirty day time period begins August 6th and ends September 6th. To view the Alex Johnson Hotel video go to:
Planning a vintage wedding at the Alex Johnson is the perfect opportunity to create a timeless occasion. Something to bring to light in regards to planning such an event is that it can remain simple, yet classy, at a minimal cost. Vintage can be done in the “DIY” manner with a little creativity. Using resources like thrift stores, online stores, or even garage sales, you can create a timeless vintage look for your special day.
A vintage wedding projects the ‘less is more’ mantra. Too much of one theme tends to be overwhelming and at some times, rather gaudy. Keeping it simple with vintage accents will give the reception an authentic appeal. Remember, these accents do not have to cost an arm and a leg. Check out some thrift stores and see what you can create and grab some friends and family to help with the project; not only will you be creating an unforgettable wedding reception, you will be creating memories.
- Instead of the generic wedding guest book, try an old fashion typewriter. Have guests type out their wishes and blessings. Not only will this be unique and different, your guests will enjoy the originality compared to traditional guest books.
- Lace provides a vintage look; however, too much tends to be overwhelming. Keep it simple yet inviting with vintage lace doily runners on the tables. For an additional touch, add flower petals to create a bit of color.
- Mason jars can be used in a variety of ways for a vintage wedding. Display black and white photos of the bride and groom along with wedding photos of friends and families placed inside the mason jar. Position the display throughout the reception area, perhaps on the doilies lacing the tables. Not only will guests enjoy viewing the photos, the black and white will create an antique photo appeal.
- Mason jars may also be used as a flower vase. To accent to the jar, tie a nice fabric around the top and let the flowers do the rest of the work. It is a relaxed concept, yet brings you back to a simpler era.
- Use a mirror as a centerpiece as they create a large and dramatic look with a touch of simplicity. Used mirrors are an easy find and the vintage look will surface with a little paint and crafty up do’s. Try placing some lace over sections of the mirror and place flower petals or polished stones over the glass. This creates an earthy and authentic look. If a simpler look is desired, a mirror without a frame will do just as well and still create a large look.
- An antique suitcase, or perhaps an old suitcase that has been dolled up, will add a creative touch to the décor. Place the suite case next to the typewriter guest book and guests will be in love with the décor the second they walk in the doors.
These are just a few ideas to consider when having a vintage wedding reception. Keep it simple and classy while remembering a little goes a long way with an antique appeal. Most important, have fun planning, preparing, and shopping for ideas for the day that represents your love.