Your wedding day is one that you will remember and cherish for all time. It’s also a period when families come together through the gift of love. The wedding ceremony will express a lot about the two of you and your love, style, and family. One of the best ways to incorporate these three expressions is decorating in a collaborative DIY fashion. With the fusion of two families using their creative touches for wedding décor, your special day will truly be full of wholesome love.
DIY wedding décor saves you from having to hire a professional, but who’s to say you don’t have a professional within your family? Everybody has their niche, hobby, or passion. Find those people within your family and ask if they’d like to contribute their talents to your special day and utilize the skills of your loved ones on the day that represents the love of you and your spouse.
• Do you have a friend who is always taking pictures? Perhaps you have a sister who loves outdoor photography. Make use of their talent and ask them to shoot photos throughout your wedding day.
• Use the green thumb of the family. Find the person that loves to garden and ask them to grow a few of your favorite flowers for your bouquet. Want a different twist? If the wedding is taking place during the autumn season, consider a fall leaf bouquet. The colors will be ravishing and it’s a wonderful DIY project that can include friends and family.
A fall leaf bouquet is a simple, natural, and beautiful addition to the DIY wedding.
• Will you be having wine served with dinner? Perhaps you have a family member that participates in winemaking as a side hobby. Ask them if they’d like to utilize their winemaking craft for your celebration. This will really seal the deal on a DIY wedding!
• Every family has the person with vocal cords of an angel. Instead of hiring somebody to sing during your wedding, ask a friend or family member if they’d like to share their voice on your day. This keeps the ceremony very personal as well.
• Find someone who likes to be in charge. Have them be the coordinator for your wedding. It doesn’t have to be extreme, but rather just keeping things in line on your wedding day. It could be as simple as gathering the party for photos or delegating the decorating of the reception hall.
• Need a little sweet touch? How about a pie making contest for your dessert bar. This will truly incorporate some wholesome fun as well as friendly competition among the families. Have you and your spouse judge the competition and the winner receive a small gift.
• Locate the computer guru in the family and ask them if they can take your ideas for wedding invites and implement them into a timeless wedding invitation. Take the creation to a place such as Office Max where hundreds can be printed in a cost effective manner.
A DIY wedding decor along with using the talents of loved ones on your wedding day creates an appeal of humble ambiance and unification. It proposes a prime time to join the two families and become an integral part of your special day that you will remember for a lifetime. Allow Hotel Alex Johnson to provide the perfect venue, whether it be a grand ballroom or a private reception area, for your wedding day reception.